The Mayor is the chief executive officer of the Town and is elected for four year term. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by Board of Aldermen
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the Town operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the Town
- Responding to citizen concerns
The Mayor also works to develop the Town's annual budget and works with other local and regional elected officials for the betterment of the Town.